& Disruptive Technologies
Are you prepared to Lead a Digital World?
CCB-Centro Cultural de Belém
Oporto, December, 5
Casa da Música
# 1 World Authority on Innovation
Chairman of Institute for Large Scale Innovation
Former Chair of the World Economic Forum´s
(Davos) Global Advisory Council on Innovation
An Outstanding event
on Corporate Innovation
Vantagem+ is pleased to present to you our Seminar on CORPORATE INNOVATION & DISRUPTIVE TECHNOLOGIES. This will be the best and most striking event on corporate innovation to be held this year in Portugal.
In today's fast-changing business environment, innovation management is critical and an essential requirement for success and competitiveness, both for the public and private sector.
This Seminar is an authentic full-day hands-on lecture on Corporate Innovation & Disruptive Technologies, specially designed for all leaders and those responsible for innovation and growth in their companies and it will be taught by Dr. John Kao, one of the biggest world Gurus on Innovation.
John Kao will share his experience, ideas and strategies for a successful digital transformation, taking us from Innovation 4.0 to success, in this new digital world.
Accept our challenge and take the opportunity to learn and share experiences directly with John Kao whom The Economist calls the “Serial Innovator”, and undoubtedly one of the world's leading thinkers on Innovation.
"Jamming - which follows rules but not individual notes
- gives you a different result each time, depending upon
the players and the conditions in which they find themselves.
It is adaptable to changing conditions."
Who is John Kao
Described by The Economist as a “serial innovator”, John Kao is a world leading authority on innovation and emerging technologies.
John has played a leading role in the fields of innovation and business creativity for more than 30 years. His work reflects an ongoing engagement with advanced and disruptive technologies. His advisory and venture development activity has embraced fields as diverse as blockchain credentialing for education, AI and big data models, immersive gaming, collaboration technology and much more…
John Kao isn’t simply an innovator… He built a career out of bringing innovation to a large range of industries, organizations and institutions in both public and private sector.
The common thread is creativity and innovation - he has been helping a great number of companies from start-ups to large multinationals to transform their businesses by re-designing and focusing on strategic innovation.
As a Harvard Business School professor from 1982-96, John created acclaimed programs, such as MBAs and executive education courses, on creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship. Furthermore, Kao was the academic director of the Managing Innovation program at Stanford University, as well as a visiting professor at the Media Lab at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
John Kao is author of two best-selling books: Jamming: The Art and Discipline of Business Creativity, a BusinessWeek best-seller that has been published in a dozen languages; and Innovation Nation, which sounds the alarm about America’s growing innovation challenge.
He has served in many prestigious membership and advisory roles:
• Chair of the World Economic Forum's (Davos) Global
Advisory Council on Innovation
• Board Member - Bay Area Science and Innovation
• Member - Innovation Commission of Cisco Systems
• Advisor to the USA navy
• Advisor to Finnish Innovation Fund
• Advisor to Finland’s Aalto (Innovation) University
• Advisor to Clinton Global Initiative
John is a trusted advisor to leaders of companies, startups, cities and nations about innovation strategy and execution. The list is long and ranges from Abu Dhabi to the City of San Francisco, as well as sectors of US government and the European Union’s innovation policy team. He advised the governments of Finland, Australia and Singapore on their innovation strategies and served for three years at the White House/Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology Innovation Policy Dialogue led by Dr. John Holdren and Minister of Science and Technology Wan Gang.
Currently Kao is the Chairman of Institute for Large Scale Innovation, whose i20 group is an association of 50 chief innovation officers from 30 different countries around the world.
In the summer of 1969, he apprenticed to a rock legend - Frank Zappa. Since then, he plays jazz piano in his spare time and the Yamaha Music Corporation recently named him their first “inovation artist”.
John Kao has inspired audiences worldwide, instilling the spirit of creativity as well as the how of innovation.
Corporate Innovation & Disruptive Technologies
Are you prepared to Lead a Digital World?
Lisbon- December 4, 2019
CCB - Centro Cultural de Belém
Oporto, December 5, 2019
Casa da Música
1 - What is innovation, really?
2 - Describing the world as it really exists today
• VUCA - disruption
• Wicked problems
• Runaway acceleration of innovation
• A 21st century tidal wave of disruptive technologies – How disruptive will AI be?
• Absorbing the lessons of the “Fourth Industrial Revolution”
• The need for new models
• The culture of “endless newbie”
• The “innovator’s dilemma” revisited
• The disadvantages of incumbency
• The new world of employability – the new war for talent
• The new landscape – what is around the corner
3 - The evolution of innovation
• What is innovation 4.0?
• What is an innovation system?
• Making innovation real – planning for action
• Managing the three forms of innovation capital
4 - The digital transformation imperative and opportunity
• Digital plus innovation = transformation
5 - The challenge for leaders
• Leading in the “new” new economy
• The new fundamentals
• Improvisation vs. planning
• What do leaders have to know?
• What do leaders have to be able to do?
6 - Preparing your organization for disruption and transformation
• What is innovation stewardship
• Developing an innovation stewardship plan
• Managing transformation
• The new human capital agenda
• Action planning
- What are the essential elements of an action plan?
- Presenting John Kao’s 10 keys system for designing an innovation agenda
- Why do innovation efforts and digital transformation efforts fail?
7- The Future of Corporate Innovation - John Kao’s Perspetive
(Adjustments may be necessary)
09:00 - Reception
09:30 - Opening the Seminar
09:40 - Seminar
11:00 - Coffee-Break
11:15 - Seminar
13:00 - Lunch
14:30 - Seminar
15:30 - Coffee-Break
15:45 - Seminar
17:00 - Close doors
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
• Administration Board, CEO´s
• Corporate Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
• Chief Innovation Officers
• Chief Human Resources Officer
• Chief Technology Officers
• Chief Information Officer
• Chief Learning Officer
• Chief Knowledge Officer
• Chief Financial Officer
• Chief Marketing Officer
• Chief Communication Officer
• Chief Operations Officer
• Heads of Innovation Departments
• Heads of Labs, Incubators, and Accelerators
• Innovation (program) - Managers and Directors
• R&D and Product Managers and Team Leaders
• HR and Organizational Transformation Leaders
• Innovators and Trendsetters
• Senior leaders and all those able to influence the innovation agenda
"You are able to create an environment
so that the creative process can take
place and that you can get people to
perform at their highest levels."
Super Early Bird
SEMINAR FEE - Until March, 31
1º - Early Bird
SEMINAR FEE - Starting on April,1 to May, 31
2º - Early Bird
SEMINAR FEE - Starting on June,1 to Setember, 30
Starting on October, 1
- All prices are tax free;
- Price includes documentation, certificate of participation, lunch and coffee breaks.
Three simple ways to apply:
2. Download Brochure, fill out the application form and return it duly signed to the following email address:
email@example.com or via fax to +351 218 486 181;
3. Contact us by telephone +351 218 493 333, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or through the information form, and we
will provide all the help you may need